27 December 2008

Deadline Set

I've been postponing my Best of the Year film lists in order to watch as many films as I possibly could to get ready. I've set Sunday night as my official deadline for viewing, so the lists will more than likely be posted before the new year. I've also attempted to quit worrying about qualifications and such and decided that if it can be argued that the film is a 2008 release, whether that mean it got its US release or international premiere within the year, it qualified. This makes things a lot more difficult as I can now include 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days, The Headless Woman, The Class and Silent Light (officially a 2007 release, that played a week in NYC and won't be officially out until 2009). Wishing for consistency among others' lists is too much to ask for, and I realize many of you haven't had the chance to see a handful of the films that will make the list(s). Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you luck!
I look forward to reading your list.

Blake Williams said...

Wait, did you see The Headless Woman? if so, How?!? I've been dying to see it since I missed it in Cannes.