15 December 2007

Resnais en février

Kimstim/Kino will be throwing four Alain Resnais films from the 80s on your shelves on 19 February 2008. The titles include I Want to Go Home (1989) with Gérard Depardieu and Geraldine Chaplin; Life Is a Bed of Roses [La vie est un roman] (1983) with Fanny Ardant, Vittorio Gassman, and Chaplin; Love unto Death [L'amour à mort] (1984) with Ardant; and Mélo (1986), also with Ardant. I'd have rather Criterion announced Last Year at Marienbad, but take what you can get.

2 comments:

girish said...

Joe, thanks for all the upcoming DVD tips you offer here!

This Rensais news is something to celebrate. MELO and L'AMOUR A MORT are flat-out masterpieces and must-owns, and LA VIE EST UN ROMAN is strong too. I WANT TO GO HOME is a bizarre curio, an English-language film written by Jules Feiffer that didn't really work for me but I'm sort of curious to revisit it too.

reassurance said...

No problem! Thanks for letting me know which were the ones to check out first. I've been stuck in 1960s Resnais and didn't know where exactly to go from there (as I've just about hated some of his more recent ones, particularly Pas sur la bouche).