01 October 2007

Enough!

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but, may I ask, is anyone else irritated by the overwhelming pairing of hot chick and dorky guy? It didn't phase me much with Knocked Up, but apparently NBC's entire fall line up is comprised of this contrived situation... and it's not just there. I could rail off a list of shitty examples of this, including the lighter-and-more-forgettable-than-air French comedy The Valet, an entire reality program where dorky guys are paired with beauty queens, a comedy where the hot chick is replaced by a hot guy like Adam & Steve, and even in the real world (or Hollywood, which really doesn't count) there's people like Christina Aguilera and her dweeby Heeb husband. I guess this sort of pairing has been going on for a long time, but I think we should all be scared: the dorks are officially ruling the world.

No comments: