21 July 2009

R.I.P. Yasmine Belmadi

Tragic news from France, young actor Yasmine Belmadi was killed in a car accident over the weekend. Belmadi made his debut in Sébastien Lifshitz's Les corps ouverts, later co-starring in Lifshitz's made-for-television Les terres froides in 1999 and the exquisite Wild Side in 2004. His other credits include François Ozon's Criminal Lovers [Les amants criminels], Gilles Marchand's Who Killed Bambi? [Qui a tué Bambi?], Robert Salis' Grande école and, most recently, Nassim Amaouche's Adieu Gary, which won the Grand Prix at the Semaine de la Critique in Cannes this past May.

1 comment:

Desmond said...

Goodbye Yasmine. I didn't know you personally but your face was familiar to me and made me smile. I am sorry you had to go the way you did and I ask Allah to bless all of our beloved in the graves and overlook all of our faults. My heart is sad, but this life is not for keeps. I will always remember you in my prayers