16 October 2007

Number two - and, now, 3!

I had hoped that Criterion would scratch another title off the MIA list with their January releases, and lo and behold, my wishes were granted. They will be releasing Agnès Varda's Le bonheur, along with La pointe-courte and a box with Cleo from 5 to 7 and Vagabond (in a remastered edition, I believe). I would have included Alf Sjöberg's Miss Julie on the list, had Criterion not released it already in the Janus box-set. The DVD will be available, outside of the box, in January as well. As for the rest of the Criterion discs for January: Lindsay Anderson's This Sporting Life with Richard Burton and Cornel Wilde's The Naked Prey.

UPDATE: Number 3 has been announced as well - Spike Lee's She's Gotta Have It, which was long believed to be a Criterion property. Well, looks like MGM will be releasing it in January. Don't worry, I won't be making a separate announcement for each of the DVDs I listed, but 3 already is looking good to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For a second there, I thought someone would be releasing Godard's Numero Deux. Shucks.