23 June 2008

Remember Me?

It's been so long that I almost forgot the full version of Terrence Malick's The New World was never released on DVD. In fact, I think it was only released in like two theatres for around a week. In fact, I think there were three different versions of the film that were cut. I don't know. But New Line will be releasing a 172-minute version on 14 October. I thought the version that was released in NYC and LA ran about 150 minutes, so I'm not quite sure what this version is all about. More information as it becomes available.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really looking forward to this.

reassurance said...

As am I, but a friend of mine who saw both versions of the film actually preferred the 135-minute version. He said that it seemed better paced than the longer one, but we shall see. Anyway, exciting news that New Line hadn't totally forgotten about this.

Anonymous said...

i love that movie