08 November 2006

Now that the elections are over...

...it's time to start campaigning for the Oscars, of course! Race is hot this year, after that stellar motion picture Crash beat out that homo Brokeback Mountain. Gay: out. Racism: in. So, I think critics' darling Macy Gray has a great shot at a best supporting actress nod for her scene-stealing performance in what's looking to be the best film of the year, Shadowboxer. Okay, I can only put on my Access Hollywood bullshit for three sentences. As this year's Oscar race seems to be... um... strange, why not start campaigning? Everyone and everything is a dark horse so far. I mean, what's going to be nominated for best picture? Little Miss Sunshine? Cars? The Departed? The Queen? I think those are the only 4 films people have liked this year. Maybe Volver will have a shot, as it's less button-pushing Pedro, and there isn't really much competition. I may as well face the fact that Shortbus or The Descent won't get anything (though why did I even entertain such an idea?). So, I'm going to start my own Oscar campaign for Macy Gray (please don't mind the shitty photoshop job I did, I was in a hurry). If only I knew how to make videos from DVDs, and I'd post the bar scene from Shadowboxer on YouTube in a second. I mean, I need to spread the word, don't I? If anyone can assist me in such an endeavor, it will be greatly appreciated and may result in the filling of your pink mouth with a whole lot of ice cream. How can you resist now? Well, in the meantime, why don't you just go out and celebrate French heartthrob Alain Delon's birthday?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What exactly is the best way to celebrate Alain Delon's birthday? I have a few things in mind (they involve no pants though)