03 May 2008

Did you have a brain tumor for breakfast?

A couple of other DVD announcements.

IFC Films will release Adrián Caetano's docudrama Chronicle of an Escape [Crónica de una fuga] on 19 August, though I hear it's already available for rent at Blockbuster through their Weinstein deal. Michael Lehmann's (Heathers) comedy Flakes, with Zooey Deschanel and Aaron Stanford, will be out from IFC on 8 Jul. In other Heathers news, Anchor Bay will release a 20th High School Reunion Edition of the classic black comedy on 1 Jul. IFC will also have The Killing of John Lennon out on 5 Aug. The Weinsteins will also be releasing Kevin Macdonald's controversial documentary My Enemy's Enemy on 19 Aug; they will also release Morgan Sporlock's Where in the World Is Osama Bin Laden? on 5 Aug.

Magnolia will have Cocaine Cowboys 2: Hustlin' with the Godmother on 29 July. TLA will be releasing Spencer Schilly's (Summer Thunder) The Houseboy on the same date. From ThinkFilm, Daniele Luchetti's My Brother Is an Only Child [Mio fratello è figlio unico] comes out on 5 Aug. Dimension will have a (likely unneeded) remake of Herschell Gordon Lewis' The Wizard of Gore with a surprisingly great cast that includes Crispin Glover, Brad Dourif and Jeffrey Combs, on 19 Aug. Oh, yeah, and Bijou Phillips is also in it.

As for television, the second season of Dexter has been rescheduled for 19 August. HBO's In Treatment will street on 9 Sept, and FX's hilarious It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will have its third season out on 2 Sept.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, where did you hear that Wizard of Gore is out on August 19th?

Please let me know. You can email me at darias_diner at yahoo dot com.

Thanks!

-Mike said...

Philly is an FX show, beotch. And I nailed Jeffrey Combs. I'm so, so thrilled to be done with my final paper, as I'ms ure you are. It is the single worst paper I've ever done in my college career.
-M