22 April 2009

Off to Cannes We Go!

In just a matter of hours, the line-up for this year's Cannes Film Festival will be announced. It's already been announced that Pixar's latest Up! will open the fest, but the rest of the films are less certain. With new films from Michael Haneke, Tsai Ming-liang, Lars von Trier, Jacques Rivette, Claire Denis, Abbas Kiarostami, Jane Campion, Alain Resnais, Gaspar Noé, Patrice Chéreau, Jacques Audiard, Werner Herzog, Fatih Akin, the Coen Brothers and Andrea Arnold all finished (or at least close to), the line-up could be an exciting one. Expect Pedro Almodóvar's Broken Embraces [Los abrazos rotos], Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds and Jim Jarmusch's The Limits of Control to screen, either in or out of competition.

4 comments:

Blake Williams said...

I am very excited about this, and so sad that I am not going this year. When I first read this headline, I thought you were going, and I got jealous!

reassurance said...

I fucking wish.

Blake Williams said...

by the way, do you know what time they are announcing the line-up?

reassurance said...

No, sorry.